Our resident music blogger “Kabelo Sedumedi” has decided to put together a special Monday Motivation playlist to get you through the week. Inspired by 90s Hip Hop and Rap.
It’s sensational to witness how far the hip hop and rap genre has come since its emergence in 1980’s New York. In the modern day hip hop landscape; there are sub-genres within the hip hop genre itself, such as trap, boom bap, underground hip hop, etc. Despite its unprecedented popularity in today’s society, many believe the 1990’s to be hip hop’s golden era, particularly because of the East Coast West Coast rap beef. Here’s a playlist comprised of 90’s hip hop hits.
- Do 4 Love – Tupac Shakur
- Sky’s The Limit – The Notorious B.I.G (Feat. 112)
- Regulators – Warren G (Feat. Nate Dogg)
- The World Is Yours – Nas
- Straight Outta Compton – N.W.A
- Juicy – The Notorious B.I.G
- I Got 5 On It – The Luniz
- What’s My Name – Snoop Dogg
- I Used To Love H.E.R – Common
- My Name Is – Eminem
- Dear Mama – Tupac Shakur
- My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me – The Ghetto Boys
- F*ck Tha Police – N.W.A
- Me Myself & I – De La Soul
- I Seen A Man Die – Scarface
- Stressed Out – A Tribe Called Quest (Feat. Consequence & Faith Evans)
- Today Was A Good Day – Ice Cube
Feel free to comment on the playlist, as well as additions of some 90’s hip hop hits you may feel have fallen short of the cut.