Welcome to our latest edition of “Royal Rotations” featuring Confitsss. Where we feature and chat with the coolest sneakerheads in South Africa.
- Cape Town
How many pairs of sneakers do you currently own?
- 26 pairs
What are your top three holy grail sneakers of all time?
- Nike Air Yeezy 2 “Red October”
- Nike Air Jordan 1 “shattered backboard” 1.0
- Nike Air Jordan 4 x KAWS (Grey) collab
What got you into sneaker collecting in the first place?
- I’ve always been fascinated with sneakers since I was a child, I only admired them but I could never afford them. Fast forward to 2010, my dad bought me my first expensive sneaker as a birthday gift. It’s was a pair of Ed Hardy slip-on shoes that I bought from the Ed Hardy Boutique in Johannesburg. Fast forward to June 2017, this was when my collection and love for sneaker really began. I saved up and copped the Nike react element 87 sail/light bone colorway through a raffle at Shelflife. And from that day I started my hunt for my all times grails. I’m on the hunt to collect my top 20 kicks of all time, and so far I own & owned 10 pairs from the list.
What is your favorite way to style a pair of kicks with an outfit?
- I always pair any of my kicks with either my Levi’s 501 jeans as it drapes over the kicks just abit. And I usually wear regular fit chinos with my kicks. It Gives a more elevated look while still give the sneakers the pop it needs. And I try my best to either have a monochromatic outfit (all black outfit) or try to match my hoodie or tee with my kicks.
If you could only wear one pair of sneakers for the rest of your life, which silhouette and colorway would you choose?
- This is a very tough question, damn. If I’m going for timelessness and durability I would go with a pair of Nike air Jordan 4 in the white cement colorway. Jordan 4s are known to last long and the leather quality of the white cements are unreal. It’s a versatile silhouette and color way and other time the netting will get cream which will add character.
What is your ultimate favorite sneaker brand and why?
- Favorite sneaker brand? To be honest I’m very brand neutral. I buy what I like and not based on the hype or the brand behind it.
What are your go-to sneaker stores to shop the latest drops?
Last question, checks or strips?
- Since I own alotta Nike pairs, I’m going to go with checks
If you would like to follow and show some love via social media links and profiles below: