Welcome to our latest edition of “Royal Rotations” featuring Justin Ronné. Where we feature and chat with the coolest sneakerheads in South Africa.
- Justin Ronné
- Cape Town, South Africa
How many pairs of sneakers do you currently own?
- I don’t count, but it is well over 200 pairs.
What are your top three holy grail sneakers of all time?
- Original releases of the Nike Air Force 1 Low (1983), Nike Air Jordan XII ‘Flu Game’ (1997) & the Nike Air Total Max Uptempo (1997)
What got you into sneaker collecting in the first place?
- My love for basketball as a child was monumental in my future interest in footwear as well as fashion choices. Hip Hop played a big part too, one of my idols – NBA Hall of Famer & rapper Shaquille O’Neal had some dope tracks out in the 90s with members of A Tribe Called Quest & The Notorious B.I.G. The big Shaqtus had some crazy signatures with Reebok and it left an impression on me at a very young age.
What is your favorite way to style a pair of kicks with an outfit?
- The combo must be communicating – I like to match outfits and kicks. If my kicks have straps I normally don’t tie them – I like to be comfortable.
If you could only wear one pair of sneakers for the rest of your life, which silhouette and colorway would you choose?
- Give me a premium buttery leather pair of white on white Nike Air Force 1 Lows. It goes with everything, its hard-wearing, comfortable and looks clean.
What is your ultimate favorite sneaker brand and why?
- No surprise here folks. I think for me it all boils down to design & innovation. Nike is where they are because of looking at things differently from everyone else. They were the rebels. They out researched, out designed, out innovated and out marketed every body else. Their roster of footwear designers are some of the most iconic designers of our time, period.
What are your go-to sneaker stores to shop the latest drops?
- Lemkus or Nike.com
Last question, checks or stripes?
- But I have a lot of love for stripes. I have quite a few in my collection, I am a fan. Honestly I am not a hater of other brands, I think every brand has something that interests me, I’m just a true lover of footwear in general.
Links to social media accounts and profiles
- Facebook: Justin Ronné, Bubble Koppe, Air Jordan Heads South Africa
- Instagram: @jamixx08, @bubblekoppe, @airjordanheads_sa
- Twitter: @bubblekoppe