Welcome to our latest edition of “Royal Rotations” featuring Ryan “Hermie” Herman. Where we feature and chat with the coolest sneakerheads in South Africa.
- Ryan Herman “Hermie”
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Project Coordinator
How many pairs of sneakers do you currently own?
- +- 60 pairs
What are your top three holy grail sneakers of all time?
- Air Jordan 3 ‘True Blue’ (2011)
- Air Jordan 11 ‘Bred’ (2012)
- Air Jordan 1 ‘Chicago’ (2013)
What got you into sneaker collecting in the first place?
- I’ve always had a love for sneakers, I don’t have the common “I saw the cool kids wearing it” story… my brother and I always appreciated nice sneakers and we were taught to work for what we want and sneakers were always on top of that list. Back then I had to work around the house, do chores – cut the lawn, clean the yard, paint the house… the usual if I wanted my parents to buy them, until I could afford them myself. That was when my collection grew, copped like one, two pairs a month. I even tried to collect all the Air Jordan sneakers from Jordan 1 to 23, I got pretty close too. I have calmed down with coppin sneakers though, I had no other responsibilities back then.
What is your favorite way to style a pair of kicks with an outfit?
- KEEP IT SIMPLE, I prefer being under dressed wearing sick kicks.
If you could only wear one pair of sneakers for the rest of your life, which silhouette and colorway would you choose?
- Hypebeast Answer – Air Jordan 1… but nah I would say my Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Flynit ‘Sport Red’… Super comfy.
What is your ultimate favorite sneaker brand and why?
- That’s easy, Nike has always been my preferred brand, simply because they have always been ahead of the game regarding their style, comfort and just overall look.
What are your go-to sneaker stores to shop the latest drops?
- Well these days the latest drops don’t make it to the shelves, therefore Nike online, Lemkus and Archive Store are my go-to stores.
Last question, checks or strips?
- CHECKS ✓
If you would like to follow and show some love via social media links and profiles below: